- Acromegaly: Caused by soft tissue hypertrophy and bone resorption
- Achondroplasia: Caused by a small spinal canal. May also see caudal narrowing of the spinal canal.
- Ankylosing spondylitis: Caused by dural ectasia
- Marfan syndrome: Caused by dural ectasia
- Mucopolysaccharidoses (Morquio disease and Hurler syndrome): May also see platyspondyly and anterior vertebral body beaks.
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: Caused by dural ectasia
- Neurofibromatosis: Caused by dural ectasia. May also see scoliosis and syringomyelia
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
The mnemonic AMEN can be used to remember the differential diagnosis for the appearance of scalloped posterior vertebral bodies.